Sunday, March 22, 2009

Scraped Knees

Yesterday Lauren was playing outside in front of my parent's house. She was pretending to ride a horse while wearing a leotard, tutu and her crocs...an interesting fashion combination, but she's 5, so she's still learning her wardrobe choices.

Anyway, while pretending to ride her horse, she tripped and scraped both knees. She's been a lucky kid in that, she's got really good balance, so she's gotten this far in her life with very few minor injuries, and no real major injuries.

You would think this is the end of her life by the way she's been carrying on. She asked tonight if it would just be easier to go to Heaven now and that way she wouldn't have to deal with the pain.

So we've been dealing with a little girl who has been hobbling around the house bent over at the waist and knees with a hunchback who can't do anything for herself. Somehow scraped knees has affected her arms and shoulders. Like I said, new experiences for our little one.

The night ended with a phone call to Grandbob who reassured her this was part of becoming a big girl, God would heal her, and all was right with the world.

Which brings me to my point...I was trying to explain to my daughter that getting scraped knees is a part of growing up. I've gotten scraped knees so many times as a boy, I can't even remember them all.

I just wish as an adult I had scraped knees more often. That would be a strong indicator that I was spending enough time on my knees praying to my Father in Heaven for myself, my family, my friends and loved ones. I think we should all long for more scraped knees. We'd have less issues to deal with if we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment